Thursday, March 18, 2010

MY Appraisal Letter (Part 1)

With great smile on his face, My Boss’s PA offered me my second innings’ increment letter saying “Bhasker, Here is your second increment letter, fill it.” (I hope he didn’t mean feel it), because filling the appraisal form with a feel?? Now you feel how it could be like. I was surprised, astonished, shocked and same sort of words you can frame here.
How a company like this can actually give an increment letter to an employee like me??

I have done all but none for the sake of this company. I have tried my level best to maintain my level of “idle employee” in this organization, hats off management and I am left with an increment letter in my hand trying to feel it (not fill it).

My current senior with another sheepish smile came to me saying “Bhasker, you have done a marvelous job for the sake of this department”. (I wish I could hear the same from my Big Boss); anyways he continued “You are the oldest person in this department. (Even older than my Big Boss, believe me), and you deserve increment as well as salary revision now.” I wish Goddess Saraswati could listen what he actually told. Moreover, he himself was not realizing what actually he is saying. (He might have flooded with emotions-not for me but for the sake of my department. I told na sheepish smile). I wanted to tell him that the mistake (rather blunder) this organization has committed, none is willing to do it and hence I was here infact I am still here.

Anyways, with “the feel”, I came to my desk, thinking a thousand (even more) times, what actually I have done for my department that I actually am liable for an Increment. Then a thought clicked my mind, infact a word- Formality. Dude this is what the trend was/is. Be formal, atleast you will get little happiness. Ok fine!! Don’t divert me. Coming back to the topic- Increment Letter. To be more specific “My Increment Letter”

Believe me friends, doing nothing is the toughest task in this world because you never know when you are finished and I am happy that I am doing the toughest task of the world. I was staring at the blank increment letter and I was thinking to return it as it is, as there was nothing to write in it, so moreover it will be blank only, but the increment letter seems to be shouting at me “Fill Me” and I was staring at it to feel it.

When I was going through Increment Letter (Sorry, My Increment Letter), I found some columns which actually drew my attention. Those were My name, Years of experience (in figures only, not practically having any experience), Designation and ofcourse My Date of Birth (The day God decided to ruin this company’s future). There were other columns as well those were scary, invalid, not applicable, threatening which includes Achievements during the year, Key Result Areas, Contribution, Responsibilities, Strength etc. for which I was having no answer but anyhow I had to feel it (Sorry printing mistake, Fill it).

Well I wanted to fill those scary columns with my great and huge experiences (which actually I am lacking, practically) I gained in this organization.

1. Achievements- Unlocked many websites including orkut and facebook with the use of proxy servers.
2. Key Result Areas- Made many online friends with the use of chatting options available.
3. Contribution- Developed inter-personal skills within my colleagues by chatting with them in there free time (as my time was always free) and making them habitual to use internet as much as possible.
4. Responsibilities- I am responsible for the friendly environment here, as now everybody talks and chats friendly irrespective of work so assigned. I am responsible for the use of maximum internet here.
5. Strengths- Cordial, Tea, Chatting, Inter-personal skills and Internet which helped me a lot in passing my time. (Thanks to ITwalas for the same)


I wish I could highlight those points in the Increment letter so that my boss could actually feel my worth, but anyways I am a very loyal employee of the company so I hold a pen in hand and started filling and feeling my increment letter with words hard to find.
I wish myself best of luck for it.

3 comments:

Dheeraj Bansal said...

Beta tere boss me pad liya to adani ke itihaas mein pehli baar, kuch hoga...

saale farzi to sab hote hai
tu to matlab writtern acknowledgement dene lag gaya

anyways.. blog was really nice... keep it up..bravo

Bhas J said...

HaHaHa Arey !!! Boss to tab padega na jab use time hoga. Ab dekh kaam to me karta nahi par department chalta hai matlab kaam boss karta hai. to jo kaam karte hain unhe ye faltu cheezon k liye waqt nahi hota.

Unknown said...

ha ha ye kam kar karke hi tujhe increment milta he then
all d best karo ye kam or pa increment time a gya ahe vaise bhi